Creating an enjoyable onboarding and offboarding experience for your employees is often overlooked, but it's a significant part of building a great company brand and reputation.
Using onboarding and offboarding tasks can help automate the process while ensuring your employees consistently have an exceptional experience.
All necessary onboarding and offboarding "Task Templates" must be created before you can set up tasks.
If you haven't done this yet, check out this article Step 1: Create a Task Template.
This article will explain:
- How to set up onboarding tasks
- How to set up offboarding tasks
- What happens if there are no tasks set up?
Providing a great onboarding experience is crucial for new hires because it's a preview of your company culture and can help instill confidence that they made the right decision to join your company.
An excellent first impression goes a long way, and onboarding tasks can help you stay on top of everything that needs to be done before your new hire starts.
How to set up onboarding tasks
When you add a new employee in Humi, during "Step 3: Onboarding," you'll see an option to add "Onboarding" tasks.
Add employee to Humi > Step 3: Onboarding > + Add > Select "Onboarding Task Templates" > Apply
1. From here, click the "+ Add" button.
2. You'll see this pop-up with all "Onboarding Task Templates" that you've created auto-selected in the "Relevant Tasks" section.
3. When you've selected all the tasks you need, click the "Apply" button.
4. The tasks you selected will be displayed under the "Onboarding Tasks" heading.
After completing all the steps for adding the employee to Humi, the onboarding tasks will automatically be sent to the new employee.
While it's never fun losing a great employee, offboarding tasks can help take a load off your plate by automating the process.
Offboarding tasks lets you keep track of all tasks that need to be completed when an employee leaves your company. You can delegate tasks to the offboarding employee, their manager, or any other person in the company to ensure a flawless offboarding experience.
You can also manage any incomplete tasks by sending out "Reminders" to assignees.
How to set up offboarding tasks
Terminate employee > Step 2 Offboarding > + Add > Select "Offboarding Task Templates" > Apply
1. When you terminate an employee, during Step 2 Offboarding, you'll see an option to add tasks.
3. Click the "+ Add" button, and you'll see this pop-up with all "Offboarding Task Templates" that you've created auto-selected in the "Relevant Tasks" section.
4. Select the tasks you want to assign and click the "Apply" button.
5. You'll now see the tasks you've chosen below the "Tasks" heading on the "Offboarding" page.
6. After you've completed all the steps in the "Termination Flow," Humi will assign the offboarding tasks to all applicable employees.
What happens if there are no tasks set up?
If you don't have any onboarding or offboarding task templates set up when you click the "+ Add" button, you'll see this pop-up:
Click the "Create Task template" button to be automatically directed to the "Create Task Template" page in Humi.
From here, enter the task details and create your "Task Template," being sure to select the correct "Task Type."
The "Task Templates" you just created will be listed and auto-selected when you return to this page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.