With remote work becoming the new normal, many employees have been given computers, office chairs, keyboards etc., to use while working from home.
Anything that a company gives their employee to use for work is considered a Company Asset. In Humi, we have a wonderful feature called the Asset Tracker.
This helpful tool allows admins to easily track any company assets that have been distributed to employees. Using the Asset Tracker, admins and managers are able to see the asset, asset category, who has it, when it was given, when it was returned, the asset serial numbers, cost and notes.
Use the dropdowns below to explore everything you can do with the Asset Tracker.
- In Company, click on the Assets tab and select Log from the dropdown options
- Click on the "+ Add an asset" button in the top right corner
- Using the pop-up, enter all the relevant information for the asset
- When you're done, click "Save" to add the asset to Humi
The asset name is the only mandatory field, but we encourage you to fill in as many details as possible. Your options include:
Use this field to assign a name to the asset for easy tracking.
This field is mandatory and can't be left blank.
Use this field to designate a category for your asset. This is helpful for keeping your assets organized into groups.
If you would like to create a new category for an asset, you can do so directly in the Asset Category dropdown by clicking on "+ Add New Category".
|Serial Number||Use this field to keep track of the serial numbers on certain devices or items. This is especially helpful for things like company laptops or cell phones.|
|Notes||Use this field to add any additional details about an asset, such as known defects or wear and tear.|
|Cost||Use this field to record the cost of an asset.|
Use this field to assign the asset to a specific employee by selecting their name from the dropdown.
You can also choose to keep the asset unassigned by selecting "None" from the dropdown.
If you choose to assign the asset to an employee, the "Date Assigned" field will appear, and you'll be required to enter the date when the asset was assigned.
- In Company, click on the Assets tab and select Categories from the dropdown menu
- From this page, click on the "+ Create Category" button in the top right corner and give your category a name
- Click "Save," and your new category will be added to the Asset Tracker
You can also edit or delete an existing category. On the Asset-Categories page, click the three dots next to the category name and select "Edit" or "Delete" from the dropdown.
Deleting a category from the Categories directory will not remove any assets currently under the category.
Once you've added an asset to Humi, you can manage it within the Company module in the Asset - Log tab. This handy list offers a few ways to keep track of your assets no matter where they go.
You can choose to assign, reassign, edit, or delete an asset at any time by clicking the three dots on the right-hand side.
For a detailed history of an asset, click on its name to open up a dedicated page where you can see the assignment history, along with all current recorded information about the asset.
If an employee asset has been returned, you can choose to either reassign the asset to another employee or leave it unassigned. Follow the steps below to learn how:
- To do this, click the three dots on the side of the asset and select "Reassign."
- Use the pop-up to enter the date the asset was returned
- In the "Reassign To" field, you can choose the new employee to assign the asset to or leave it as "Unassigned" if it's not going to anyone else at that time
Assigned assets are displayed on the employee profile under the "More" > "Assets" tab. By default, all admins and managers of the employee will have permission to view this.
Now that you've learned how to use Humi to keep track of your company assets, check out some of the other features available in the Company module.