Welcome to Humi Payroll, we're so excited you're here!
We know that learning new software can be overwhelming, and it can be difficult to know where to start.
To help, we created this "Payroll Quickstart Guide" to help you focus on the right things, in the right order – so you can become a Humi Payroll pro in no time.
Before starting, please check that you've added your company's "Payroll Information" and "Bank Account" information.
In "Company – Overview," scroll down to the applicable section and click "Edit" in the top right corner to add the information. After you've run payroll, you will no longer be able to edit the "Bank Account" information without emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the list below to read through each article and learn how to start using Humi Payroll.
Payroll Quickstart Guide
- Add employees to Humi Payroll
- Update employee Tax Exemptions/Tax credits if needed
- Set up Income Types and Allowances
- Set up Benefits & Deductions
- Enter YTD data
- Enter all employee's Vacation Starting Balances
- Run Payroll Guide – Learn how to edit and run Payroll
- How to generate a Payroll Register
When you click on the Payroll module from the left menu, you'll see five sections (tabs):
- Run Payroll
- This is where you'll see a list of your currently active payrolls. From here, you can click into the payroll to edit, review and process the payment or "Run Payroll" for the payroll period.
- Benefits and Deductions
Manage the benefits and deductions that you offer your employees.
- Income Types
- Manage additional cash-based income types that you may offer to your employees.
Some examples of income types you can add are: Vacation Payout, Holiday Pay, and Cell Phone Allowance.
- Manage company settings such as paystub notification emails and wage subsidy eligibility status.