Giving feedback is creating a touch-point for employees to refer to when evaluating their performance. The feedback will be sent to the colleague you assign it to, and you can change the visibility to determine what other employees can see the feedback.
Configure Feedback Details
To add feedback in Humi, head to Performance, select the Feedback tab, and click on the Create Feedback button in the top right corner.
Select a Colleague
This is the person the piece of feedback will be about. The list that is populated in the dropdown contains the entire company, so you have access to send feedback to anyone within the company.
Choose a Title
The title can be entered within the search bar in order to locate the feedback within the directory.
Set the Visibility
When selecting visibility, there are three options: public, private, and manager.
- Public visibility means that everyone in the company will be able to see it. This could be used in conjunction with positive sentiment as it generally contains less sensitive information.
- Private visibility means that only the sender, the colleague, and any administrators will be able to see it. This could be used for feedback that contains constructive information.
- Manager visibility means that only the sender, the manager of the colleague, and any administrators will be able to see it. The colleague that the feedback is on cannot see this type of feedback. This could be used for feedback that has more sensitive information that should not be seen by the colleague themself.
Choose a Sentiment
When selecting a sentiment, there are three options: positive, constructive, and manager note.
- Positive sentiment would be used for feedback that contains information that has little to no suggestions for improvement and more for recognition of good work being done.
- Constructive sentiment would be used for feedback that contains more guidance and instruction toward improvement.
- Manager note sentiment can be used in conjunction with the manager visibility as it would contain more sensitive information that is not meant to be seen by the colleagues themself.
Add your note
The body contains the information that needs to be conveyed within the feedback. You will be able to see the body of feedback on the page containing its details.
If notifications are turned on for Feedback, when a piece of feedback is created, the person mentioned will receive an email and homepage notification in Humi letting them know someone has left feedback about them (if the visibility settings allow the employee to see it).