If you've submitted your T619 file to the CRA and you need to make a correction, the CRA requires that you create and submit an Amended T4, along with uploading a new T619 on the CRA's website.
To do this, you can create T4 amendments in Humi Payroll by following the steps below:
- On the Finalized tax package page, click the Create Amendment button in the top right corner
- A new T4 package will be generated with an Open status
- Click the Add Amended T4 button and select the employee(s) you'd like to create amendments for, then click Save
- You'll now see the employee(s) listed under the Employee T4s section
- You can click on the employee to view their current T4 and make any edits or changes
- Once you've made all changes and confirmed the new amended T4 information is accurate, you can click the Finalize T4s button
- Check off the listed items in the warning pop-up and click Save
- Click Email All T4s to send the amended T4(s) to your employees
- Your Amended 2020 Annual T4 Return will now change its status from Open to Finalized
- You can now download the Amended T4s and the Amended T619 file
- Next, go ahead and upload them onto the CRA's website
That's it! To learn more about managing your payroll processes, check out the resources below.