There may be instances when you need to adjust the Time Off balance for an employee. Some examples are:
- Errors when importing balances from a previous system
- Time off was taken but not recorded in Humi
- Time in Lieu or overtime extra balance
- One-off extra days due to a company policy
- Special Request by Employee
You can make time off balance adjustments individually for a specific employee
- In bulk for several employees using the "Adjustments Importer" in the "Reporting" module.
This article will explain how to make an adjustment for a specific employee. If you would like to learn how to make an adjustment in bulk, click here to learn how to import adjustments in Humi.
How to make a Time Off balance adjustment for a specific employee
- In "People," use the search bar or scroll to find the employee that you need, then click on their name, and Humi will direct you to their employee profile.
- From their employee profile, click on the "Time Off" tab.
- Find the Time Off "Type" that you want to make the adjustment, then click on the three dots and select "Make Adjustment" from the dropdown menu.
- In the pop-up, select the date you need to make the adjustment.
In the "Adjustment" field, select "Add" or "Subtract," then enter the amount of days you need to adjust.
In the "Add Note" field, you can add a note about why you're making the adjustment so that if anyone asks about it later, you'll be able to reference this note
- Once you've filled in the required fields, you'll see an estimate of the balance after making the adjustment.
- When ready, click "Save," and you're done!
Scroll down to the "Transactions Log," and you'll see the adjustment that you just made. If you want to delete the adjustment, you can do so from here by clicking "Delete."
That's it!! You're officially prepared to make Time Off balance adjustments if you ever need to. Use the links below to learn more about Time Off functions.