They say nothing lasts forever, and in this case, an employee's time at your company has sadly come to an end. If you want to know how to terminate an employee in Humi, keep reading to find out.
You can quickly terminate, delete, and rehire employees from the employee profile.
Only admins or employees who have been assigned a custom role with this permission can do this.
How to terminate an employee
1. In "People," under the "Directory" tab, use the search bar to find the employee you need to terminate.
2. Click on their name, and Humi will direct you to their employee profile.
3. In the top right corner, click on the three dots and select "Terminate" from the dropdown, and Humi will direct you to the "Termination details" page.
4. Fill in the employee's last day of work, select a "termination type" and reason, then click "Next."
The date you choose as the employee's last day of work is essential because, after that date, the employee will lose access to Humi. Please remind the employee to download any paystubs they require from their Humi account before that date if your company uses Humi Payroll.
The termination date will also affect payroll because the terminated employee will be removed from the payroll after their last day of work. It should be noted that if an employee's last day of work falls in the middle of a pay period, they will be paid on a prorated basis for that pay period. They will be removed from the payroll during the next pay period.
The "Termination Type" corresponds to the "Reasons for Termination" in Service Canada and directly impacts the employee's ROE. Please carefully review the options available in the dropdown and select the one that most closely matches the termination type.
After you terminate an employee on the Humi payroll, a prompt to complete an ROE will appear. If the employee's final payment hasn't been made yet, click the "Remind me to do this later" button.
5. In step 2, on the "Offboarding" page, select any offboarding tasks or reminders for the employee by clicking the "+ Add" button. Once you've added all tasks or reminders, click "Next."
Once you complete the termination, the reminders will be active, triggering you to send out emails based on the timelines that have been set.
Offboarding tasks and reminders must be created prior to terminating the employee so you can add them using the "+ Add" button. If you haven't created offboarding tasks, check out this support article to learn how to do so.
6. On step 3, the "Review" page, double-check the termination details you've entered and review the "Termination Procedure."
Once you've confirmed everything is correct, click the "Complete" button.
How to find a terminated Employee's Profile
If an employee is terminated and you want to find their profile, go to People > Directory > Filter by Status and select the "Terminated" checkbox.
Discover more about People
Please sign in to leave a comment.