After setting up your Time Off general settings, the following section allows you to set up your "Work Schedules."
Since every company has unique work schedules, this section allows you to configure your company's weekends, holidays, and blackout periods.
For example, you could create one work schedule for your main office and another for your international office with different stat holidays.
Humi creates a default work schedule, and all employees will be assigned to it. If you want employees to have a different work schedule, you'll need to create it and assign it.
This article will explain how to create a work schedule and assign employees to that work schedule.
How to create a "Work Schedule"
- In "Time Off," click on the "Settings" tab.
- Scroll down to the "Work Schedules" section and click the "+ Create Work Schedule" button.
- Enter the work schedule name in the pop-up, then press "Save."
- On the "Edit Work Schedule" page, there are three sections you can adjust to configure the work schedule.
- Overall settings
- Holiday settings
- Blackout period settings
By default, the weekend is set to Saturday and Sunday, but if your company has different weekend days, you can change it here.
For example, many restaurants are closed on Monday and Tuesday, so you could change the weekend days to Monday and Tuesday since the business is closed.
In the next section, "Holidays," you can configure custom company holidays and add stat holidays. This is especially helpful if you have international offices where Stat Holidays may differ from your main office location.
Note: You can only configure the holidays for one year at a time.
- Check the yearly dropdown menu to ensure you're on the current year, then click the "+ Add Stat Holidays" button. Humi will automatically add all the stat holidays for the year shown in the dropdown menu.
If any holiday falls on a weekend date, you can click the three dots and select "Edit Holiday" to observe it on the Friday before the holiday, or the Monday following the holiday.
- Next, if applicable, add any custom holidays for the current year.
That's it, you've just set up the holidays for the current year. To ensure the holidays are set up for subsequent years, you can complete this process again for the following years as desired.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the following year.
- From here, you can click the "Copy holidays from last year" button, and Humi will automatically import all holidays from the previous year, including any custom holidays you added.
If any holiday falls on a weekend date, you can click the three dots and select "Edit Holiday" to observe it on the Friday before the holiday or the Monday following the holiday.
Once you've added the holidays for as many years as you desire, continue to the next section to set up "Blackout Periods."
In this section, you can set up date ranges when employees would not be able to request time off during the specified dates.
For example, retail stores usually have blackout periods for dates in December since Christmas is the busiest time of the year, and they need all available employees.
During blackout periods, employees won't be able to make time off requests. However, admins can override this and make time off requests on behalf of employees during blackout periods if required.
Like holidays, you can only set up blackout periods individually for each year and they don't recur automatically.
- Ensure the yearly dropdown menu is set to the current year.
- Click the "+ Add Blackout Period" button on the top right corner.
- Select the blackout dates on the calendar in the pop-up, add the "Blackout Period Name," and then click "Save."
Once you've added all the blackout periods for the current year, you can use the dropdown the select the following year and set up blackout periods for the next years.
To add another work schedule, return to the "Settings" page, click the "+ Create Work Schedule" button, and repeat the steps above.
Assign a "Work Schedule"
After creating your work schedule, the next step is assigning it to the necessary employees.
- In the "Work Schedules" section, you'll see all the work schedules you created. Find the work schedule you want to assign, click on the three dots next to it, and select "Assign Schedule" from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the employees you want to assign this work schedule in the pop-up. Once selected, they'll move to the right under the "Selected" column. Once you've chosen all the required employees, click the "Assign" button.
Employees can only be assigned to one work schedule, and everyone you selected is now assigned the chosen work schedule.
Now that you've successfully set up your work schedules, the final step is setting up your "Approval Flow."