In the "Custom Fields Overview," we explained everything you need to know about "Fields, Field Groups and Custom Fields."
If you haven't checked that out yet, we recommend doing that first.
Custom Field Groups
To quickly review, "Custom Field Groups" and "Custom Fields" refer to any "Field Groups" and "Fields" that you, the admin, created yourself.
This feature allows you to get more specific and customized information from your employees beyond the standard default ones provided by Humi.
There are two types of "Field Groups:"
- Default Field Groups - these are created by Humi and cannot be reordered. Read more about "Default Field Groups."
- Custom Field Groups - these are created by admins and can be reordered
In the above screenshot, we've highlighted two "Custom Field Groups" that we created as an example - "Food Allergies" and "Uniform Info."
Within these "Custom Field Groups," notice that they have the "Custom Fields" we created to get the exact information we want from employees.
You can create as many "Custom Field Groups" as you need, and you can also reorder them as you'd like to help keep information neatly organized.
For some ideas, here are a few examples of some "Custom Field Groups" that you can create:
You can also reorder any "Custom Fields" within a "Field Group."
How to create a "Custom Field Group"
There are two ways to create a "Custom Field Group:"
- From the "Custom Fields - Field groups" page
- From the "Create Custom Field" page
From the "Field Groups" page:
If you choose to create a "Custom Field Group" from the "Field Groups" page, first, you'll create the
"Field Group," then you'll create the "Custom Field," and lastly, you'll assign employees to complete these new fields.
- In "Settings," click on the "Custom Fields" tab and select "Field Groups" from the dropdown.
- Click the "+ Create Field Group" button in the top right corner.
- A "Create Field group" pop-up will appear. Name the field group and select the "Location" where you'd like this custom field group to be displayed.
- Click the "+Create Custom Field" button in the top right corner
- Create the Custom Field and assign it to all employees as desired.
All assigned employees will now have this new "Custom Field Group" added to their Employee Profiles.
Now that this "Custom Field Group" is created, it will be available from the "Field Group" dropdown options when you create new "Custom Fields."
From the "Create Custom Field" page
When creating a new "Custom Field," you're required to select a "Field Group." However, in some cases, you may find that the "Field Groups" available aren't relevant to the "Custom Field" you're creating.
If you find yourself in this scenario, it's the perfect time to create a new "Custom Field Group."
1. When creating your "Custom Field," under "Field Group," click the "+ Add New Group" button.
2. "Group Name" and "Group Location" fields will then automatically populate under "Field Group."
3. Fill in these fields, and you've just created a new "Custom Field Group!"
Any "Custom Field Groups" that you create will show on the "Custom Fields - Field Groups" page (Settings > Custom Fields > Field Groups).
That's it! You now know how to create and reorder customer fields.