This importer allows you to reset Time Off balances in bulk for several employees at once. This importer is frequently used at the end of the year reset all employees' Time Off balance to zero when not using our automatic carryover cap feature to do so.
How to import Time Off balances
1. In "Reporting," click on the "Data Import" tab and then click on the "Time Off Balances" card.
2. In Step 1, select the Time Off Type that you want to import adjustments for using the dropdown menu.
3. Next, click on the "Download Bulk Import Template" button and the template will automatically start downloading.
4. Open the importer sheet as a CSV file.
Important Note: If you're using a Mac, you must open the file using the Excel app and not the Numbers app because if you open it in Numbers, you won't be able to save the file as a .CSV and will be unable to upload it to Humi.
The import template includes the following columns:
- Email, Balance (Days/Hours), As-of date, Description (optional)
- If no description is provided: We import no description.
- If a description is provided: It will show up in the adjustment that is made on the Transactions Log, on employee Time Off Profiles.
Reminder: Since you can only import balances for one Time Off Type at a time, the units will be the same units as the Time Off Type chosen (hours/days).
When you open the template, the following information will be pre-filled from Humi:
- Today's date
- Each employee's email
- The employee's Time Off balance
- Description if applicable
Keep in mind that the importer will only accept dates in the format dd/mm/yyyy or yyyy-mm-dd.
5. Once you've added all of your adjustments to the CSV file, in Step 2, click the "Browse" button and upload your file to Humi. 6. Lastly, scroll up to the top and click the "Import" button to upload the document. Don't worry, you don't need to stay on this page, it will be processed and uploaded in the background. Once completed, you'll receive an email notifying you that it's done.
The results show up as "Manual Adjustments" added to the Transactions Logs for each employee whose balance was imported.
Please sign in to leave a comment.