In the "Documents module overview" article, we briefly discussed the two types of storage drives available in the Documents module: "Private Documents" or "Shared Documents."
If you add a "View-Only" document in a "Shared" folder, it will automatically be available to all employees in their "Shared Documents" storage drive. However, if you want employees to "acknowledge" a document in a shared folder, you need to assign it to them. Likewise, documents added in "Private" folders must always be assigned so employees can view it.
Employees will receive an email and dashboard notification to review and "acknowledge" the document when a document is assigned.
This article will explain how to assign a "View-Only" document. If you haven't added your document in Humi yet, learn how to add a "View-Only" document here.
How to assign "View-Only" documents
Documents > Select the “View-Only” document > Click the “Assign” button > Select the employees > Assign
- In "Documents," find the document you need using the search bar, tags, or its respective folder.
- Click on the document once you've found it, and Humi will direct you to the document page.
- Click the "Assign" button in the top right corner.
- Use the filter, search bar or scroll to select the employees you want to assign the document. Click on their name, and they'll move to the "Selected" column. To assign the document to all employees, click the "Select Page" link.
Note: The "Select Page" link only selects up to 25 employees. If you have more than 25 employees, use the arrows to toggle through the remaining pages, then click "Select Page" again to select the remaining employees. Continue this process until all employees are added to the "Selected" column.
Tip: If you accidentally selected the wrong employee, click on their name from the "Selected" column to remove them. You can also click the "Remove All" link in the top right corner to remove everyone in the "Selected" list.
- Once you've selected all the employees you want to assign the document to, click the "Assign" button in the bottom right corner.
Congrats! You've officially assigned a "View-Only" document. Humi will send all assigned employees an email and dashboard notification to acknowledge the document.
Check the employees assigned to the document
Documents > Click on the document > "Employees Assigned" tab
From the document page, you can view the employees who've been assigned the document under the "Employees Assigned" tab. You can also check the completion status from this page and send reminders to anyone who still needs to acknowledge it. Learn more about managing assigned documents here.