We know how frustrating it can be when you can't find a report that contains the specific employee information that you need.
While Humi provides a wide range of reports in the "Reporting" module, there may be instances when you require a more specific custom report. If this is the case, you can easily create one in just a few minutes containing information available in the employee's profile.
How to create a custom report
In Reporting, head to the Custom Reports tab and click on the + Create Custom Report button in the top right corner.
Step 1: Report Information
- In the first step, name the report and check the boxes next to the information you want to include in the report in the "Select Columns" section.
- Click the dropdown arrows on each category to reveal the checkboxes, and select the fields you want to be displayed as columns on your custom report. You must select at least one column.
- Once you've selected all the necessary columns, click Next.
Step 2: Apply Filters
By default, custom reports will display information for all active employees. If you want to report on a specific set of employees, you can add filters to your report.
- To add additional filters, click the "+Add new filter" link and enter your filter criteria or conditions.
- Use the first dropdown menu to select the field you want to filter by. The available choices are:
- Employment Type
- Legal Sex
- Start Date
- Termination Date
- Termination Type
- Compensation Type
- In the second dropdown menu, select how you would like to filter by that field by selecting from these choices: Is, Is not, Is blank.
- In the third field, select the final condition. The filter field you selected in Step 1 will determine the options you can choose in this field.
For example, if you wanted to create a report with all active employees from the HQ Office location, you can leave the status filter as in and then click "+ Add a new filter" > select "Office" from the dropdown menu > Leave the field "Is" > Select "HQ Office location" in the third field.
- Once you've added all the filters you need, click "Complete."
Step 3: View and export the report
Humi will automatically direct you to the newly created report page, where you can view the columns and export the report by clicking the "Export" button and selecting the format you prefer.
You can access this custom report any time you need it from the "Custom Report" table (Reporting > Custom Reports).
(Optional) Edit your custom report
- If you want to add or remove columns on this report, you can do this by editing the report.
In the top right corner, click the three dots and select "Edit" from the dropdown.
- Humi will direct you to the "Edit Custom Report" page, where you can change the columns or filters you added.
- Once you've made all your changes, click the "Complete" button, and the revised report will be available.
That's it! You've officially created your custom report! You can make as many of these as you need, and they're a great way to organize and analyze employee information.