1. Go to People > The employee’s name > Job & Pay > scroll down to Compensation History and click the button that says “+ Create Compensation”.
2. Under the header Compensation, select Additional Compensation and name the additional compensation. Proceed to set the compensation type (hourly or yearly) and the rate (amount to be paid).
Things to note
- New compensations will automatically be titled “Regular Pay” while additional compensations can have customized names.
- Humi will automatically set the number of working hours per week at 40. However, you can adjust the number of hours under “Hours per Week”.
3. Next, select an effective date (and an end date). If the compensation does not have a known end date, you can leave the field blank. You can always edit this later on.
When you create a new compensation (rather than an additional compensation) it will automatically set end dates to all previous additional compensations that have been created.
4. Once you’ve set all the required compensation fields, scroll to the bottom and click “Save”. You’ll now see both compensations displaying simultaneously on the Current Compensation card and both compensations will be marked with a “Current” pill under the compensation history.
5. Go to Payroll and you’ll see the employee(s) listed with the additional compensation added. Additional compensations will appear as a new line item on the paystub along with the added insurable hours. All additional compensations with the same compensation name will appear under the same column header in reporting.