When you set up our Xero Integration, Humi will automatically push your payroll information to Xero after each pay run – there's nothing else you need to do! Log in to your Xero account after running payroll, and you'll see a Manual Journal or Accounts Payable invoice ready for you to accept.
This article will go over How to Connect Humi to Xero and configure your settings.
Step 1: Integrating Humi with Xero
- To get started, log in to your Humi Admin Account
- Head to Settings, and click on the Integrations tab where you’ll see a list of available apps that integrate with Humi
- Find the Xero Accounting Software app and click on the Connect button
- In the pop-up, click Connect to Xero
- A new window will open for you to Sign In to Xero
- Enter your Xero username & password and click Sign In
- Next, you’ll need to give Humi permission to integrate with Xero by clicking the Allow Access button
- Once you allow access, Humi will redirect you to the Xero - Integration Settings page
Step 2: Choosing your Data Type
Once you’ve connected Humi and Xero, the next step is determining the data type you want to use when booking the Payroll expenses to Xero. Humi’s integration with Xero can be handled by either Manual Journals or Accounts Payable invoices (bills).
You should select the option that works best for your business. If you’re unsure, we recommend consulting your finance team to get their input.
Using a Partner Edition Plan?
Accounts Payable invoices (bills) are not available on Xero partner edition plans. If you’ve connected Humi to Xero using one of these plans, then you’ll need to select the Journal Entry option so your data will sync.
Step 3: Mapping your Humi Transaction Items to Xero
Once you’ve chosen your desired data setup, next you’ll need to go through and map out each transaction item in Humi to its corresponding account in Xero. Don’t worry – it’s easier than it sounds.
There are three sections on the Xero - Integration Settings page:
- Income Types
Go through and match each of the Humi transaction items (on the left) with the Xero account you want to post the transaction to (on the right) using the drop-down menu.
Consider reaching out to your accountant
If you're unsure what to select from the Xero dropdown on the right, we recommend working with your accountant to configure the "Report Line Items" section of this page. Currently, Humi can’t provide advice on setting this up because each company has a unique configuration.
About Unmapped Accounts
If you have an Income Type field that isn’t mapped to a Xero account when you run a payroll we will still post the information to Xero, but you will need to go to the Draft Bill in Xero and select the appropriate account in order to move the Bill out of a “Draft” state.
Remember to come back to Humi and map that Income Type so you don’t have to do that extra step again.
Step 4: Confirm you’re connected!
- When you're happy with your configuration, head back to Settings, under the Integrations tab, and look for a green "Connected" pill on the Xero card.
- Your Xero integration is complete, and syncing will begin when you run the next payroll!
How to find the Xero - Integration Settings page in Humi
After you connect your accounts, Humi will automatically redirect you to the Xero - Integration Settings page. If you need to get back to this page in Humi in the future, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Humi Admin Account
- Head to Settings and click on the Integrations tab
- Find the Xero Accounting Software card, click on the three dots, and select Integration Settings from the dropdown menu
Need help with Xero?
If you need assistance with your Xero account, please refer to the Xero Help Centre.