As you create "Custom Fields" and "Custom Field Groups," you may realize that they're not in the order that you prefer, and you want to reorder them. The good news is, you can easily do this!
This support article will show you how to reorder "Fields" within a "Field Group" and reorder "Custom Field Groups."
Reorder Fields within a Field Group
To reorder the custom fields within any "Field Group" (regardless if it's default or custom), you can easily do so in a few short clicks.
- In "Settings," click on the "Custom Fields" tab and select "Field Groups" from the dropdown.
- From here, select the "Field Group" that holds the custom fields you would like to reorder.
- When you click on the "Field Group," you'll be directed to the "Edit Field Group" page.
- Click the six dots on the left side of custom fields and drag the field to the desired position.
Follow the same steps to reorder custom fields within "Default Field Groups" and "Custom Field Groups." The only difference is that within any "Default Field Groups," there are "Default Fields" greyed out and can't be reordered, as shown in the screenshot below.
Reorder Custom Field Groups
From the "Custom Field - Field Group" Page (Settings > Custom Fields > Field Groups), you can easily rearrange any of your "Custom Field Groups, so they are displayed on the employee profile in the order that you prefer.
Or if you want to move a "Custom Field Group" from the "Personal" tab into the "Job & Pay" tab (or vice versa) you can do this as well.
- Click the "Reorder Field Groups" button beside the "+ Create Field group" button on the top right corner.
- On the "Reorder Field Groups" page, hold the six dots on the left side of the "Custom Field Group" and drag it up or down into the position you prefer.
- If you want to move the "Custom Field Group" from the "Personal" tab into the "Job & Pay" tab (or vice versa), hold the six dots and drag it into the respective column.
A warning will pop up, letting you know that the "visibility" will change. Click "Move" to confirm.
As you can see from the example above, all "Default Field Groups" are "greyed out" and can't be reordered.