In the "Documents" module, you can add and bulk-assign general documents to several employees.
However, if there's an employee-specific document, like a disciplinary warning, you can add this document directly to their employee profile and set up the viewing permissions so that only their direct manager and admins can see it.
How to add a document to an employee profile
People > Select employee > "Documents" tab > Click "+ Documents" button > Upload document > Select the "Roles" who will have access to view the document > Upload
- In "People," use the search bar or scroll to find the employee you need, then click on their name to be taken to their employee profile.
- Click on the "Documents" tab.
- Click the "+ Document" button, then select the document you want to assign or add to the employee's profile.
- If needed, you can rename the document in the "Document Name" field.
- In the "Roles" field, select the employees who will have access to view this document on the employee's profile. You can select multiple roles in this field as required.
Selecting the roles that will be able to view the document is particularly useful if you want the document to be on the employee's profile, but you don't want the employee to be able to see the document.
If you select "Manager," only the manager that the employee "reports to" will be able to view this document. If you choose "Employee" in this field, the employee will also be able to view the document added.
By default, if you leave this field blank, only admins and the employee's manager will be able to see it.
- Click the "Upload" button, and the document will be added to the employee's profile.
- You can only upload one document at a time. If you need to add another document, click the "Upload more documents" link in the bottom right corner.