After creating your Time Off types and policies, the next step is assigning them to your employees so they can request time off. Employees can only be assigned to one Time Off policy for each Time Off type. For example, one vacation policy, one sick policy, etc.
How to bulk assign Time Off policies
Time Off > "Types & Policies" tab > Click the three dots next to the time off policy you want to assign and select "Assign" > "Select employees" button > Add the employees you want to assign > Assign > Next > Next > Save
- In "Time Off," click on the "Types & Policies" tab.
- Find the Time Off type, then click the three dots next to the time off policy you want to assign.
- Select "Assign" from the dropdown menu.
- Click the "Select Employees" button and in the pop-up, click on the employees you want to assign this Time Off policy, then click "Assign."
- Once you've selected all the employees, click the "Next" button.
- You'll see the employees who'll be added to the policy. If it's correct, click "Next."
- On the next page, you'll see any employees that you've removed from the policy. From here, select the "Accrual End Date" for the removal and click "Save."
That's how you bulk assign employees to a Time Off policy.
You may need to refresh the "Type & Policies" page to see the updated changes.
How to assign a policy to a single employee
- In "People," use the search bar or scroll to find the employee you require and click on their name to be directed to their employee profile.
- Click on the "Time Off" tab.
- Click the three dots on the Time Off type that you want to change and select "Change Policy" from the dropdown menu.
- On the calendar, select the effective date of the new policy.
- Select the new policy from the dropdown on the "Policy Name" field and click "Save."
The new policy has been assigned to the employee and will take effect on the date you've chosen. You'll see the updated transactions reflected on the "Transactions Log" down below on the Employee profile once you refresh the page.
If you'd like to tweak the employee's balance after the new policy is assigned, you can make an adjustment. Also, note that all accruals after the effective date will be overwritten; however, requests, adjustments, and previous accruals won't be affected.