At Humi, we know that taking time off is essential to being well-rounded, healthy and productive team members.
"Time Off" Requests can be for fractions of a day (useful for times when you only need a half-day off) or multiple days.
Requests cannot be set up as recurring and you can't have any gaps within a single request. So if you needed Monday and Wednesday off, you would need to make a "Time Off" request for each one.
So how do you request time off in Humi? We've made it really easy just follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Humi account.
- On the homepage, click on the "Request Time Off" button located In the top right corner.
- On the calendar, select the dates that you would like to request time off.
- Select the "Leave Type" from the dropdown menu (Vacation, Personal, Sick etc.).
- Use the "Adjust Daily Amounts" button if you require less than a full day off. Typically, this would only be used if you are requesting a half-day off (You would enter "0.5" instead of "1").
- Add a description if needed.
- Click the Request button.
- Done! Your "Time Off" request has been sent to the approver and you'll be notified in Humi when it's approved/denied.
Note: Weekends and holidays will count as 0 by default, as per the Work Schedule that the employee in question is on.
For example, if you made a time of request from Wed. December 8th to Wed. December 15th, only 5 days will be deducted from your accrued time off, not 7 days as weekends are not included in time-off requests.
On the bottom right, in the "Overlap in Department" section, you'll see if there are any overlapping time-off requests from other team members.
This section is helpful because if there are too many people overlapping, you will have a better understanding of why your time off request may not be approved. Knowing this, you can try to plan for a different date when there are fewer people off.
Finally, after you submit the Request, you will see a page where you can review the details you've just submitted:
Employees will be able to follow along with the approval flow, to see the status of the request, and the approver assigned to the request.
After you've created your "Time Off" request you can always edit or delete it if needed.
Admins can edit requests at any time.
Note: Requests can't be moved from one Time-Off Type to another (for example from a vacation day to a personal day). If you need to make this adjustment, you will need to delete the first request and add a new one with the corrected Type.
Please sign in to leave a comment.