In this section we will cover everything you need to get setup to use the Ameego time clock. We will cover the following subjects in this section:
- Time clock hardware requirements
- Creating or changing your PIN numbers
- Time Clock global settings
- Launching time clock on your tablet or pc
1. Time clock hardware requirements
Ameego’s time clock module can be loaded on any pc, tablet or Chromebook that you provide. We recommend the following settings for the device to ensure that your time clock is always available and accurate.
- Must have a minimal resolution of 1024 x 600 in landscape mode.
- Ensure that the date, time and region settings are accurate for your location.
- Ensure that your device's OS is fully updated and supported.
- Lock the tablet in landscape mode.
- Consider mounting the tablet(s) in an appropriate location that all staff can access them and ensure that the power supply is always connected.
- Install the Google Chrome app to run the Ameego Time Clock.
2. Creating or changing PIN numbers
Pin numbers are required for all time clock functions and should not be confused with your login password. When the Ameego time clock module is activated at your location, all employees and managers will be prompted to set up a PIN number before they can navigate through Ameego Anyware. These pins are required to perform any time clock functions (clocking in or manager overrides). Managers who primarily use Ameego Manager should go to Ameego Anyware to ensure their pins are set up prior to your first live day with Ameego’s time clock.
If you already have a pin, but don’t remember it, follow these steps to change your pin number. You will not be required to enter your old pin number.
- Log into Ameego Anyware via a web browser or the app
- Click on ‘My Profile’ via your login name drop down menu (web browser), or the profile icon in the app.
- Click the ‘Change Pin’ button.
- Enter a new 4 digit pin number and repeat when prompted.
3. Ameego Time Clock global settings
There are a few settings in Ameego Manager that you should set before your first live day with time clock. Navigate to the ‘Settings’ tab via the dashboard in Ameego Manager. You will see three settings in the lower section that pertain to Ameego’s time clock functions. Click ‘Edit Settings’ to make any changes.
- Time Clock Punch Buffer: Set this to the number of minutes before or after the schedule shift times that an employee can punch in without a manager's approval / override. If set to zero, this feature is disabled and no manager approval will be required.
- Time Clock Punch Round: Time in minutes that the start and end times of shifts and breaks will be rounded to. The rounded times (up or down) will only be applied and visible in the Time & Attendance screen in Ameego Manager . No rounding disables this feature.
- Enable Break Approval: If checked, this setting will require a manager to override any break taken by employees.
4. Launching Ameego Time Clock on the tablet or pc
After you have done the setup described above, you are now ready to launch the Ameego time clock! Essentially you will be logging into Ameego Manager and then selecting to run ‘Time Clock’ via the login menu of Ameego Manager. This login must be done by someone that has a supervisor or manager permission level. The manager who initially logs in to this function, can also login to another device and use Ameego Manager for other administrative Ameego functions. Follow the steps below to launch time clock on your pc or tablet.
- Log into Ameego Manager via Google Chrome on the pc or tablet designated for your time clock.
- Touch on your profile name at the top right corner of Ameego Manager.
- Select the ‘Time Clock’ option from the drop menu.
- You will be prompted to enter Time Clock mode in English or French. Select your option and your Ameego Time Clock is ready for employees to clock in.
Once you have launched the time clock, the drop down menu will be relabeled to ‘Manager Functions’ and will only show an option to ‘Exit Time Clock’. If you exit time clock mode, a manager's pin will be required and your pc or tablet will display Ameego Manager. If you need to close the time clock temporarily, we recommend that you simply close the web browser.
You are now all setup to use your Ameego time clock.