We have added a new method of scheduling to help multi-brand locations create their schedule quickly and efficiently. Automated Scheduling is currently in beta trials, so please be sure to send your feedback to your Ameego representative.
You will still have the ability to create your schedules using the traditional method of importing your base floor plans for each day for all department groups and then running One Touch to schedule. Using the traditional method, you would simply use the ‘Calculate Forecast’ button to start off each week. However, if we have turned ‘Automated Scheduling’ on for your location, you will now see a button called ‘Automated Scheduling’ when you attempt to calculate your forecast for a new week. With the proper setup in place, this button will automatically import your base floor plans and run the One Touch for all of your department groups! All with just one click of a button!
The setup required is 2 simple steps. Creating your base floor plans, and adding them to your department group settings. Follow the steps below to get started.
Step 1 - Creating Base Floor Plans
As always, we recommend that you create one base floor plan for each day of the week. You can create a Monday (example) base floor plan for each department group if you like (ie - Tim Hortons Monday, Subway Monday, The Grill Monday…) or you can add all of the shifts for all of your departments & groups on a single ‘Monday’ base floor plan. Ameego will know which department group the shifts belong to based on the setup on the Employee Manager page. In our example below, each day of the week contains all the shifts for all departments and groups to keep it simple.
If you would like more information about Base Floor Plans, click HERE to read our Base Floor Plans guide. Follow the step below to complete the base floor plan setup.
- Navigate to the ‘Scheduling’ tab, then click on the ‘Base Floor Plans’ sub tab.
- Adjust existing base floor plans or create new ones ensuring that all of your shifts for each department have been added.
Take a look at a review of our Base Floor Plans below. We have added all shifts for all departments on one base floor plan for each day we are open.
Step 2 - Department Group Settings
If we have added the ‘Automated Scheduling’ feature you will see some additional settings for the department groups. Some of these settings were always available in the ‘Build Schedule’ section of Ameego, so you might be familiar with them.
In order for Ameego to automate the scheduling process for you, you must assign the appropriate base floor plan in the Department Group settings. Follow the steps below to assign base floor plans to the department groups.
- Navigate to the ‘People’ tab, then click the ‘Employee Manager’ sub tab.
- Click the ‘Manage’ button at the top of the list of departments.
- Click the ‘Edit’ button within a department group and make the appropriate settings as described below.
- Sales Metric: The metric applied here will be used to calculate the projected and actual labour cost for this department group.
- Auto Publish Schedule: Select ON if desired, but OFF is the default setting.
- Default Wage Multiplier: 1 is the default. If you would like to increase this to account for some overhead costs then change as needed. ie - 1.04 will add 4% to all wages and will apply to your projected labour.
- Default Fixed Labour: This is where you can enter your weekly fixed costs for the department group to accommodate salaries. This amount will be included in the actual and projected labour throughout Ameego. Add fixed labour if needed.
- Default Labour Percent Goal: more information on this coming soon
- Default Floorplans: Add a base floor plan to each day of the week. Note: This step must be completed for all departments groups in order for the 'Automated Scheduling' button to appear.
- Click the ‘Save Changes] button to save.
- Repeat this setup for all of your department groups.
Here is a quick demonstration of the steps described above:
Step 3 - Automated Scheduling
If you have done the setup described above, the ‘Automated Scheduling’ button is now available in the ‘Build Schedule’ page when you create a new scheduling week. By clicking this button instead of the traditional ‘Calculate Forecast’ button Ameego will automatically do the following 3 tasks for you.
- Create a 3 week average sales forecast
- Import your base floor plans for all department groups
- Run One Touch for all department groups.
Our example has the ‘Auto Publish Schedule’ setting at OFF, so all that is left to do is review the schedules and publish!
Watch this demonstration below to see how easy it is. Note: 'Automated Scheduling is doing several tasks for you. Please be patient as this process may take a bit longer than using the traditional 'Calculate Forecast' task.