Navigation: ‘People’ tab, then ‘Employee Manager’
Goal: Know how to properly add and edit your employees in Ameego
The ‘People’ section in Ameego serves as your online filing cabinet and houses all employee related information such as contact information, departments, wages, capabilities, availability, and other important settings. If you take the time to properly set up your People section now, Ameego's One Touch scheduling will produce the best schedule possible and save you tons of time in the future!
We will be covering the following topics in this section of the setup guide:
- Employee Setup
- Unknown / Deactivated
Adding an employee profile:
Now that all of your departments and badges have been created, it is time to create your employees. It is important that you only create one profile per employee. You will have the ability to add multiple departments for an employee afterwards.
Follow the steps below to learn how to add an employee in Ameego.
1. Click the department the employee will belong to (their primary department) and then click the '+ Add Employee' button on the upper right.
2. Add as much as the information for the employee that you can at this time (see the descriptions of the settings below). However, the only required information needed to get started is their first name and last name.
- If you add the employee's email address at the time you create the profile, the employee will be sent a 'Welcome' email from Ameego along with their personal login credentials.
- If you don't want the employee to receive this information now, do not add their email address when you create their profile. You or your employee can add the email address later.
3. Save the employee record by clicking the 'Create Employee' button.
4. The next screen will give you the option to 'Create Another Employee' (in this department) or continue to the department employee list to view all of the employees in the department.
5. You can add the additional departments and badges required for the new employee profile at this time, or create all your employees first with the initial information and go back to edit these later. Be sure to review the next section so that you are aware of all the available employee settings.
Here is a quick demonstration of the steps listed above:
Editing an employee profile:
Now that all of your employees have been added, you can edit the employee profiles further if required. Click on your first department to see all the employees who belong to this department. Click on an employee name in the list on the right to expand the profile. You can verify, edit, and add things here like departments, badges, availability, etc. See a full list and description of these settings below.
Primary Employee settings: The following settings can be set on the main page of the employee profile without clicking on the 'Edit Profile' button. We will cover the 'Edit Profile' settings next!
- Deactivate an Employee: Click the ‘Deactivate’ button to move the employee to the deactivated employee section and they will no longer exist on your schedules. You will always have the ability to reactivate this employee if the need arises.
- Reset password: Click this button if you need to reset a password for an employee. This will reset a password back to the default, ‘ameego’ (all lowercase). Be sure to observe the password reset confirmation as this will require another click to complete the reset.
- Change History: Click this button to view the changes made to this employee profile and identify the user that made the changes. After clicking this button, you will also see a 'Changes Made' button. Click this to view the changes this user made to other profiles (providing the user has access to Ameego Manager).
- Wages: Click the 'Edit' button in the wages section and add a wage for any and all of the departments you will schedule the employee for. If you do not add a specific wage for a department, the department default wage will be used for shifts scheduled in that department.
- Add Departments: Use the '+' button in the departments section to add any and all of the departments that you will schedule the employee for.
- Add Badges: Use the '+' button in the badges section to add any of the badges you created earlier. The badges available to assign to your employee are determined by the departments you have added to their profile. For example - if you have only assigned an employee the 'Server' department, you will only see the badges that you created for the server department.
- New Availability: Availability is a must for the One Touch scheduling tool to work effectively. You can add one availability time frame for the whole day or break it into 2 parts per day. This is a great option for students who are available before and after classes! We recommend that the manager enters the employees current availability now and your employees can send you a new availability request through Ameego Anyware if a change is required. Click the ‘New Availability’ button to add your employee availability.
Note: Availabilities are controlled with a start date. If a new availability is added, you can set the start date for when that availability profile begins. Ameego will automatically activate the new availability if it has been created or approved by a manager.
- Recent HR Notes: This section will show you the last 3 HR notes that were created for this employee. You can create and view all of the HR notes by going to the HR Manager tab via the People tab.
Edit Profile - Advanced Employee Settings:
Click the 'Edit Profile' button within an employee's profile to access the following settings. If the setting begins with an asterisk, then the employee will be forced to enter this information the first time they login to Ameego.
Note: You may not fully understand all of the settings available at this time. The default setting should suffice until you understand your needs in Ameego a little betting in the future!
Username: The employee will login their username. Ameego will automatically create a username for each employee using their first name plus their last name initial. Example - Bob Smith's username would be BobS. If the same username was generated for 2 employee's, you can change one of them here. Example - you have a Bob Smith and a Bob Stewart. In this case we would suggest that you add the second letter of the last name in the username field. Each employee's username must be unique to eliminate login conflicts.
Name: Ensure that each employee has a first and last name in these fields.
Department: This will be considered the employee's primary department. Though an employee can work in more than one department, the employees profile will be listed under the primary department that is set here.
*Language: Set the employee's preferred language here and the Ameego content will display in that language. English and French languages are available.
*Email Address: Enter the employee's email address here. With a valid email address in the profile, the employee will be able to reset their password if they should forget it.
Birthday: Enter the employee's birthday here. This is an optional field, but if populated, the Ameego Calendar will display the employee's birthday.
Start Date: Ameego will populate this field with the date that they were activated in Ameego. Change if required.
*Home Phone: Enter the employee's home phone number here.
*Mobile Phone: Enter the employee's mobile phone number here.
*Emergency Contact: Enter the employee's emergency contact name here.
*Contact Number: Enter the employee's emergency contact phone number here.
Permission Level: The default permission level for a new employee is 'Regular Employee'. Regular employees will only have access to Ameego Anyware. Users with 'Manager' and 'Supervisor' permission levels can access Ameego Manager and Ameego Anyware. The main difference between the two is that supervisors cannot see or edit wages. If the permission level is set to manager or supervisor, an icon will appear on their profile so you have a quick visual of the higher permission level.
Payroll ID: If you are using Ameego's payroll export function, enter the employees Payroll ID here.
Included with Payroll: The default setting is 'Yes'. If you are using Ameego's payroll export function, you can uncheck this box if you do not want this employee's hours exported.
Overtime exempt: The default setting is 'No'. Check this box if the employee is exempt from overtime. This can be useful for managers whose shifts exceed the daily & weekly overtime limits and It can also be used to remove all overtime from an employees payroll export if applicable.
Enable Break Rules: The default setting is 'Yes'. Uncheck this if the employee is exempt from the break rules in Ameego's settings page.
Paid Breaks apply to Overtime: The default setting is 'No'. Check this box if an employee's paid break contributes to their daily overtime.
Min / Max Hours: These fields are not required but can be a useful tool to ensure that Ameego's One Touch scheduling assigns the desired hours for some of your key employees!
Next, take a few minutes and review and edit all of your employees info as described above.
Unknown / Deactivated
At the bottom of your list of departments you will see the 'unknown/deactivated' label. Click on this label and you will see the following sections if applicable.
This list shows employees who do not have a primary department assigned to them. This can happen if an employee was assigned to a department, but the department was deactivated before moving the employee to another department. Simply assign a department to these employees and then click the 'Update Departments' button. Your employees will be moved to the department that you assigned.
This is a list of departments that have been deactivated. If you ever need them active again, simply click the 'Reactivate' button.
This is a list of employees that have been deactivated in your Ameego platform. If you ever need them active again, simply click the 'Reactivate' button. Ameego will tell you which department they have been reactivated into.
Okay, you're doing great! Time to take a break. Coffee anyone!?