We have added some great new functionality to the Ameego scheduling page! After you create your schedule, you may need to swap two scheduled shifts between two employees. Now you can easily do this with the ‘Swappable Shifts’ filter.
After clicking on a shift within the schedule planner, the user can select the ‘Swappable Shifts’ option from the existing drop down filter. Once this filter is selected all of the currently assigned shifts for the day will be displayed along with the owner and the start and end times.
Please note: we will not show unassigned shifts in the swappable shifts filter list.
If you select (click on) any employee in the ‘Swappable Shifts’ filter list, the shift you originally clicked on will now be swapped with the selected employee and shift.
We have also added a conflict column in the ‘Swappable Shifts’ filter. This column will indicate if either employee has a conflict with the shift swap. The conflicts icon will be green or red for each employee listed.
- Green: will indicate that the shifts can be swapped without conflict for either employee.
- Red: will indicate that at least one of the below mentioned conflicts are present for either employee in the potential swap. The details and the employee with the conflict(s) can be viewed by hovering over the conflict icon.
The types of conflicts included in the criteria are as follows:
- Department conflict: one or both of the employees do not have the required department in their profile for the shift swap.
- Badge conflict: one or both of the employees do not have the required shift badge in their profile for the shift swap.
- Book off conflict: one or both of the employees has an approved book off for the time/date of the shift that you want to swap.
- Availability conflict: one or both of the employees do not have the appropriate availability for the shift that you want to swap.
Please note: If daily or weekly overtime would be incurred after the shifts are swapped, an OT conflict icon will appear on the applicable shift tile.
How to Swap Shifts
Follow the steps below to swap 2 shifts between 2 employees.
- Navigate to the 'Scheduling' tab, then the 'Build Schedule' sub tab.
- Choose the scheduling week.
- Click the 'Manage Schedule' button of a department group.
- Click on the shift tile of one of the shifts you would like to swap.
- Choose the 'Swappable Shifts' option from the 'Showing' filter.
- Review the conflict statuses to determine who you want to swap the shift with.
- Click on the name of the employee you want to swap the shift with.
Here is a quick demonstration of how use this feature to swap shifts: