In "Scheduling," our "Time Clock" feature allows your employees to punch in from any pc, tablet or Chromebook you provide.
This article will walk you through the process of setting up a time clock, including the following steps:
- Create or change your PIN number
- Set up your "Time Clock Settings"
- Launch the time clock on your tablet or pc
Hardware requirements for the "Time Clock"
To ensure that your time clock is always available and accurate, we recommend the following device settings:
- Install the "Google Chrome" app to run the time clock.
- Your device should have a minimum resolution of 1024 x 600 in landscape mode
- Lock the tablet in landscape mode
- Ensure that your location's date, time and region settings are accurate
- Ensure that your device's OS is fully updated and supported
- Consider mounting the tablet(s) in a convenient location where all staff can access it, and make sure the power supply is always turned on
1. How to create or change your PIN number
When the time clock is activated, all employees and managers will be prompted to set up a PIN number before they can use Ameego Anyware. These pins are required to use the time clock, such as clocking in or manager overrides.
Pin numbers are required for all time clock functions and are different from your login password.
All managers should ensure their pins are set up before their first day using the time clock feature.
How to change your PIN
- In "Scheduling," click on the dropdown next to your name and select "Ameego Anyware" from the dropdown options.
- In the "Ameego Anyware" dashboard, click on the dropdown arrow next to your name again and select "My Profile" from the dropdown or click on the profile icon in the app.
- Click on the "Change Pin" button.
- Enter a new 4-digit PIN and click "Continue. You will need to confirm the PIN again, then click continue.
- Your PIN is now updated.
2. Set up the "Time Clock Settings"
The next step to complete before using the time clock is configuring your "Time Clock Settings."
To do this, navigate to the "Ameego Manager" dashboard, if you're not already there, by clicking the dropdown arrow in the top right corner and selecting "Ameego Manager."
- Click on the "Settings" tab and scroll down to the "Time Clock Settings" section, where you'll see the three fields you can adjust.
- At the bottom of the page, click the "Edit Settings" button.
- Scroll down to the "Time Clock Settings" section, and enter any changes as required.
Time Clock Settings
Time Clock Punch Buffer
This field controls the number of minutes before/after a scheduled shift start/end time that an employee can punch in/out of the time clock without a manager override.
If you want to set a different time for the "End Punch Buffer," click on the check box next to this field and select the time from the dropdown options.
TIP: You can set this to zero minutes if overrides are never required from management.
Time Clock Punch Round
Set the number of minutes you want to round shift start/end times and breaks to in this field. For example, if you choose 15 minutes, a shift ending at 4:08 p.m. would be rounded up to 4:15 p.m.
The rounded times will only be applied and visible in the "Time & Attendance" screen in Ameego Manager.
Note: Set this field to "No rounding" to disable punch rounding.
If you want to set a different time for the "End Punch Rounding," click on the check box next to this field and select the time from the dropdown options.
Enable Break Approval
If you check this box, a manager or supervisor must approve employee breaks.
3. Launch the Time Clock on your tablet or pc
After completing steps 1 and 2 described above, you're ready to launch the Time Clock!
- Login to Humi on the tablet or iPad you'll be using for the time clock.
- From the left menu, click on "Company" and select the "Timeclock" tab.
- Click the "Launch English Timeclock" or "Launch French Timeclock" button based on the language you want it set in.
The time clock will automatically refresh with the shifts each day (as long as it is not disconnected from power), which is why we recommend leaving it connected to power at all times.
That's it! The time clock is now available for employees to punch in and out for their scheduled shifts.
Use the links below to learn more about Scheduling.